Hello! My name is Sam Marsh and I am an experienced technical product manager specialising in enterprise B2B software. I currently work for Hewlett-Packard Enterprise as Worldwide Product Manager for HPE Data Protector, HPE Backup Navigator and their accompanying products. In the past I have worked for companies such as Cisco, Intel, Hitachi Data Systems and Opsview.
I have skills and experience as a product manager in leading software companies in establishing their overall product strategy and value proposition to the market, realigning internal teams, tools and processes and also managing the overhaul of various technical elements including technical architectures (monolithic to microservice based), mobile apps, user interface redesign and more.
• B2B Products and services
• Software engineering using Scrum/Agile (SDLC)
• Software product management of the entire product lifecycle
• Server, network and application monitoring.
• Product design / UX – New product design and introduction to the market
• Product strategy
• Market analysis
• Linux / Open Source – Experience of running Linux servers and open source software (such as ownCloud, etc) at work and at home for 10+ years
Outside of work, my life revolves around my young family, technology, sports, and food and drink. If you follow me on Instagram you’ll know about my love of growing and cooking good food!
I run two servers at home, one running my NAS and the other running VMware ESX 6.5 (currently) hosting my domain controllers, web servers, nextCloud, Splunk, Opsview, Data Protector, Backup Navigator, and various other VMs – all tightly integrated into a nice, clean lab. I regularly blog about my exploits, generally around one of my true loves, Linux, and the headaches it causes me. If you find any of my random blogs interesting then please let me know via @vcolonel so I know i’m not talking to myself..